The popular 3rd party keyboard maker Swype promised an update to support Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich back at the beginning on January. Stating it would arrive before the end of the month. Now that we are slowly getting into February it should be coming any day now. Who is ready for some official Swyping on their Galaxy Nexus?
We say who is ready for official Swype because an unofficial hacked version with full Swype support has been around for well over a month. The Swype team was just making sure it is perfect before releasing it to the public. According to a few new tweets an update is only “days away” that will bring Ice Cream Sandwich support and tons of other goodies too.
Make sure to be signed up for the Swype Beta right here, as it will be available to beta testers first and then be pushed as an over the air update to official Swype users after a few days of testing as long as all goes well. Swype should be updating soon and we’ll also learn what these new “goodies” are that were mentioned in the tweet above. Stay tuned for more details.
Note: The tweets were from February 1st so this update should be here any minute now.
- Swype Beta 3.25 Now Available with Copy/Paste Features and more [Video] on Aug 23rd 2011
- Nuance Sweeps Up Swype for $100 Million on Oct 6th 2011
- Swype Beta updated v3.26 features cleaner layout and automatic updates [Video] on Oct 19th 2011
- Swype OTA update coming soon, brings context prediction and more on Nov 3rd 2011
- Swype Beta updated with Dragon Dictation for voice and support for 50+ languages on Dec 21st 2011
- Swype opens the freezer, Ice Cream Sandwich support coming end-of-month on Jan 5th 2012