In preparation for the upcoming final releases, the Android team today released ADT 17-preview (Android Developer Tools plugin for Eclipse) and SDK Tools r17-preview with the following improvements that eager developers can try out without waiting any longer.
Out of all the additions and changes, I’m mostly excited about the new network usage tool, the fix for the dreaded “Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1″ error when trying to use Proguard (oh, how many hours I wasted on this one), and the end to default ids for various layout elements. Sweet deal.
Here’s the full …
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- Developer Goodies: Eclipse ADT 16/Tools r16 Will Introduce Android Lint To Help You Automatically Catch Those Pesky Errors Early
- Android Developers, Listen Up: ADT 14 And SDK Tools r14 Previews With Much Needed Improvements Are Now Available For Download
- For Developers: Live On The Edge – Upgrade To The Latest Eclipse ADT (Currently v9.0.0) Before It Is Released [How-To]
- For Developers: Google Releases ADT For Eclipse v9.0.0 And SDK Tools r9, Now Offers Near-Instant AVD Restarts [Hands-On]
- Auto Formatting Android XML Files With Eclipse