Posts Tagged MGM Studios
At the beginning of April, Google sealed a deal with Paramount that would bring 500 additional movies to the Play Store. Now, the Roaring Lion has decided to join the ranks as well: MGM studios’ catalog is now available on Play Movies. The iconic MGM lion has been around for many years, and is one of the most easily recognizable signs that cinematic enjoyment is coming your way. The addition of MGM means that Google now has five of the six major movie studios’ offerings in the Play Store – leaving Fox as the only one that hasn’t jumped on board.
Official Android Police t-shirts are now on sale, with over 25 designs to call yours.
- Google Signs Deal With Paramount, Adds 500 Movies To The Play Store, Many Of Them Actually Good
- Google Play Movies Goes Live In France
- The Android Market Is Now Google Play – Integrating Apps, Games, Books, Music, And Movies
- [I/O 2011] Google Brings Movies to the Android Marketplace, Rentals Start At $1.99
- Want To Relive The Moment? Now You Can – The Android Keynote Is Now Online
Google Signs A Deal With MGM Studios, Brings 600 More Movie Titles To The Play Store was written by the awesome team at Android Police.
Another day, another Google Play store deal for movies and television. Google has inked a deal with MGM Studios, a move that looks to add about 600 new titles to the Play Store and YouTube for rent. This is a pretty significant signing as we all await 20th Century Fox to jump on the bandwagon.
While I won’t go into incredible detail about the amount of titles I like from MGM’s camp, I’ll say that many of you will want to consider their library for your next movie night or boring flight on a plane. Google says they’ve already started the process of adding the titles and all of them should be available after a short time (weeks, apparently). Thumbs up, anyway, Google.